• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Sherwood, Nottingham

jadcx

Hi

So it seems only polite to say hello  :) .  Having spent a few very happy years with an 'introductory' scope (Meade 90mm refractor on  alt/az goto) I decided that it was probably time to upgrade a little.  The scope itself seemed pretty decent, at least, I was happy with it.  But almost immediately following my decision to upgrade, the mount died.  No user serviceable options, so I started the process of deciding what to replace it with.  Two years later, here I am, having just acquired a NEQ6 (thanks Allan), and it's about the most exciting astro moment since I first saw Saturn's rings.

As upgrades go, perhaps a little on the meteoric side - but very happy none the less.  Now all I need is the time to actually get outside and use it.....

I'll more than likely be looking for advice - so I'll see you around.

Justin

Welcome to EMS Justin.

You've come to the right place to seek advice and make friends. Just find a suitable forum section and ask away :)

Hello Justin,

Welcome to the east Midlands astronomy society.

I live just the corner from you in New basford. Often drink in sherwood.

Tony

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Nice choice of upgrade you got there!

:)

Hi Justin glad you decided to join good bunch here if you've got any questions etc this is the place

sorry about the original saddle my bad saw it sitting on side after you drove off

Like I said any questions best place to ask

Welcome to the forum

Allan

Hi Justin, a warm welcome to EMS.

That's one heck of an upgrade. But it looks like you had an itch that needed scratching, and the NEQ6 will do it nicely.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Hello Justin, welcome to EMS. That's quite an upgrade...

Thanks all for making the effort - it feels very friendly around here.

Now if only those scope rings would arrive.......