• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kirk Hallam Lakeside Festival: July 5th 2015

Once again, IDAS, along with our friends from EMS, will be joining in the fun at this year’s Kirk Hallam Lakeside Festival. http://www.friendsofkirkhallamlake.btck.co.uk/LakesideFestival

This has been a successful event in the past and we will be setting up our display boards and telescopes with the hope of showing some people our nearest star.

This is a fun, free, family day out, come and say hello if you get the chance.

Edited by tuckstar

• 1 month later...

Quick bump for this event on sunday.

Weather is not looking great but we'll be there doing some cloud dodging. It's a nice little family event and it's free to attend.

Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it this year.  Hope the weather stays clear for everyone.  Fingers crossed.

Regards

Mark Thomas

The missus is irritable and wanting to get out and do any old daft stuff - buying curtains, weekend in Venice, holiday to Australia, new kitchen gadget that she doesn't need and will never use, etc.... So in my never ending quest to keep her calm and reasonable we might just pop along to this for a fun day out in the hope I get a nice quiet Sunday night out of it. :)

Edited by Brantuk

No problem Steve. It's not looking brilliant, but thanks for the offer.

Well we managed to do some key hole astronomy through the clouds and thankfully the rain held off. Got some views of the sun and venus. Was quite a busy day with lots of people milling about, was nice to see a few faces about.

Thanks for the glimpse of venus, had I known the weather would play ball I would have joined you.