• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Skywatcher AZ4 Alt-Az Mount with Steel Tripod

seven_legs

hello all,

just got a new Skywatcher AZ4 Alt-Az Mount with Steel Tripod to go with my st120 but cannot attach scope to it. I have no dovetail. got mount from Harrison telescope and they say the dovetail I got with my scope should fit. but I did not get one, I just attached the tube rings to the az3 mount.  the top of the az3 mount is moulded so it has two slow motions and cannot be taken off.

I am being really thick?

tony

When purchased new the ST120 usually comes with rings and dovetail. So you do need a dovetail to fix it to the AZ4. I'll have a look through and see if I have any spare dovetails - or you can get them next day from FLO. :)

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dovetail-bars/skywatcher-dovetail-mounting-plates.html

Or if you got the scope recently you can ask the retailer where the dovetail is.....

Edited by Brantuk

thanks kim. still waiting for a reply from harrisons telescope, the place I brought the scope from. I looked on flo and they small dovetail is Unavailable.

The only spare I have is 6.5" (16 cm). You're welcome to borrow it if you want something immediately.

I must've sold off all my others cos I usually upgrade to ADM bars. :)

I would query with the shop why it did not come with one when they said it should have.

thanks kim,

daz, they have replied and told me the az3 does not require and dovetail plate. so I will just buy one from flo. I am on nights from tomorrow so not in a rush now:(

will do a first light with it soon.

thanks all

Hi Tony,

I have the ST120 on an AZ4.

Mine has the medium 21cm dovetail and it fits perfectly.

I see on the FLO webpage they have an ex-demo 21cm one at a cheaper price, I'd get that.

It will soon have little indents in the side of the dovetail once you fit it.

20150721_134439.jpg