• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Picture of the Month July 2015

Doc

Well what a month, we have had some cracking images taken during July. Stuarts epic M31 is a stunner. Another great photo is Philyo lovely rendition of Sh2-171.

Then we have had photo's of the Crescent Nebula, the veil Nebula, M57, M13, so many I lost count.

Ibbo and PhilJ do a great job keeping us informed with what is happening on the sun with their wonderful solar shots.

So many to choose from.

Stuart (StuartJPP)

M31

Phil (Philyo)

Sh2-171

Wayne (Brady)

North American nebula

Allan (Allan the plumber)

Crescent

Andy (polygon Pi)

M57

M13

Steven (Stevenwhatley)

Ngc6992 Veil

Crecent

Phil (PhilJ)

Moon

Sun

Steve (Ibbo)

Solar including:

Moon

Den (Alienfox)

Moon

Alan (werisit)

Saturn

Dave (wolfman_55)

Jupiter & Venus

Steve (Johnnyaardvark)

Jupiter and Venus

Graham

Solar

moon

Ryall

Widefield

After a lot of consideration I'm awarding this months PoTM to Steven Whatley for his Veil Nebula photo.

Congratulations Steven.

c46h72.jpg

Edited by Doc
  • Like 2

Some absolute corkers. Well done everyone who contributed and congrats Steven [emoji4]

Guest StevenWhatley

Blimey I wasn't expecting that at all, so many great images this month and as the nights continue to draw in I guess lots more to come.. I thought Stuart has this one wrapped up with his M31 or maybe Allan with his Cresent Nebula, but I'm chuffed I've finally got a POTM in the bag.. THANKS DOC!!!

I think lots more data on this one will really bring out the outer nebulosity so its a project over the next couple of months for sure... processing seems to be one of the biggest hurdles to overcome at the min but picking up plenty of tips along the way and really starting to feel I'm getting better with each imaging sessions results..

once again amazing images this month everyone, cannot wait to see July's entries.. 

Clear Skies

Guest VikN46

Hi, its been a while, some super images well done all! :)

Makes me even more determined to get out again as soon as :baby: will allow.

Edited by VikN46

Well done Steven. Super Image. Well done to everyone and thanks to Mick for an excellent roundup. Best wishes.

Steve

Well done Steven told you your processing and data catching was very good ! so as everyone has said, well done mate fine image

I'll PM you about the Cs night will be back home from Sunday

Edited by Allan the Plumber

Well done Steven, well deserved and a good crop of images this month, well done all! :) :)

Congratulations Steven, a well deserved winner there. A fantastic effort from all the other imagers, who despite the weather and lack of darkness, produced some lovely work.