• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M33 Kelling Star Party

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

So this years Kelling Star Party was a first time experience for me, The skies didn't play ball as much as we wanted but I did manage to get nearly 3 hours of data of M33, not a target I had intentionally gone to image but happy with the results all the same.. especially considering the hours wasted during the best sky times trying to get the guiding going.

Total of 2 Hours 44 Min 46 Sec ISO 800 Mix of 300 & 600 Sec Exposures

Definitely one to keep adding data to over the next few sessions.

21203254130_5d5a898611_c.jpgKellingM33 by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

Great work Steven. Nice to see you spent most of the time concentrating on a single image.

I once got talking to a pro wildlife photographer and I will always remember what he said..."it is best to take one great photo than lots of okay photos"...and you have done that here.

The temptation to try to get loads of images in isn't helped by our rubbish skies of course.

Good one.

Yes your prob right IBBO it's a little on the blue side but I didn't want lose the outer arm detail.. More data is needed for sure :)

More data more data more data

my mantra exactly  :D :D :D :D