• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Saturn and Jupiter 6/4/2013

catman161

It's 3:25am on the 7/4/2013  so I will keep this brief. The seeing was like pea soup but I persevered and got the below images of Jupiter and Saturn. First time I have see Saturn this year-it looked great in the EP with moons clearly visible. Enjoy :)

All captured in sharpcap and processed in registax 5.1

Equipment: SW 200p, NEQ6 Pro, SPC900NC, 2x TV Powermate. All images best 80% of 1500 frames

Loving the second Saturn Felix - very nice shot especially in last nights conditions - rings and cassini well defined, banding very crisp and smashing colours. Impressive :)

That is a cracking bunch of images there Felix.

What do you mean its 3.25 am Steve and I were still going strong then you should have dropped by the shoutbox and said hello :lol:

Felix, you'll be buying one of these cameras cooled with liquid nitrogen next :)

Jd

Thanks very much for the compliments guys :)

Saturn was particularly difficult last night/this morning as it was only just visible above a roof line so framing it was a nightmare! I had issues with my goto accuracy all night and must have re-aligned at least 4 times. No matter what I did everything I slewed to was just out of FOV and required re-centring. This led to Jupiter and Saturn slowly drifting out if he cameras FOV which really tried my patience!

That is a cracking bunch of images there Felix.What do you mean its 3.25 am Steve and I were still going strong then you should have dropped by the shoutbox and said hello :lol:

Hey graham, yeah I saw you and Steve mid-flow talking about an area turning from a booming town to a ghost town. You both seemed immersed so didn't wanna interrupt. Also I was knackered :) I just uploaded and went to bed! Edited by catman161

Thanks Martyn and Paul. Yes I am most pleased with the second one also. Out of all three Avis it was the one that looked the best in live view.

I find goto accurace poor on planets and never sync on planets.

I find goto accurace poor on planets and never sync on planets.

I don't align on planets either, I did the 2 star align as normal but it was out-must have been poor PA

• 4 weeks later...