• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M98 and M99

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Galaxies M98 and M99. Not as much data as I would have liked to get, I've worked hard to keep the noise down in the RGB layer at the cost of losing some of the finer colour detail in both galaxies. Exposures times were 60mins in Luminance, 30mins in Red, 27mins in Blue and 14mins in Green.

thanks for looking

Peter

a0943.jpg

a0944.jpg

Running out of superlatives here Peter - you'll have to do something mediocre so I don't have to keep running to online dictionaries lol.

Beautiful images :)

Awesome stuff there Peter.

When I get around to getting my filters I will be asking you for some tips. ;)

fantastic images as always Peter,

i think you have a couple of fainter objects also just above the middle of the first picture 

Guest peter shah

thanks everyone. Rob you are right there are objects all over this field, most tiny, there is a lovely small cluster of galaxies in the upper left corner. If I push the curves they become more obvious, lots to see in this part of the sky.