• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Astronomy Club in Stanion - Launch Sept 6th 2013

Guest Magnatone

Guest Magnatone

New group being launched

A new astronomy group will hold its first meeting in Stanion Village Hall on September 6 2013 and

anyone who would like to know more is welcome to go along.

The meeting will include an introduction to the group, a short slideshow and a feature-length video.

There will also be an open forum to discuss the film.

The meeting is being held at Stanion Village Hall, in Old Brigstock Road, Stanion, Northants NN14  from 8pm until 11pm.

Organiser of the group, Tony Segal said: “The goal of the club is to further the education of its members and the public in astronomy and related sciences by offering meetings, information, public star parties, advice and possible school and community events to all who are interested in astronomy.â€

The club is planning a beginners’ clinic and field trips, as well as sessions on the constellations, astrophotography and deep-sky observations.

It is also planning to hold an annual astrophotography competition and to invite guest speakers to the group’s meetings.

There will be no admission charge to the first meeting of the group and children are welcome to attend

as long as they are accompanied by an adult.

Weather permitting, guests will be able to view the skies above Stanion using telescopes provided.

There will be a licensed bar serving refreshments during the intermission.

If you would like more information call 01536 267031

Edited by Magnatone

Good luck with this. We started east lincs astronomy club about 18 months ago, it takes a while to get the ball rolling. .:D

Guest Magnatone

Hi Dave

Thank you very much for comments, I hope it goes well too, lot of hard work gone in to the set up. Hope your club is going strong now too

Regards

Tone

Good luck with the group. We've had plenty of new members on here from Peterborough / Kettering areas, so you should get some interest.

James

I would like to add my wishes to Tony.

As Dave said it's hard work in the beginning but when it takes off it's all worth the effort.

Hope it all goes well.

Best Wishes from me as well.

There is a demand for "getting your hands dirty" Astronomy, and getting out there and observing. 

So for all you lot down that way, give it a go, what have you got to lose. :)

Guest Magnatone

Hi every one,

Thanks for all the comments/support. It has been hard work getting all the foundations in place for the launch, ie newsletter, annual programme, terms and cons etc etc, not forgetting all the advertising and marketing, but it has been great. Just hope that now I can find some time to look through my scopes, if I can remember how to use them!!!!!

May I wish everyone the best in particular those running clubs/association -  Gonna watch big bang now

Magna ... Tone

Hi Tony, looks like you have all things in place. Best of luck. Keep the enthusiasm going and you will reap the rewards later.

Also not noticed you on the forum before so welcome if I missed you the first time around.

Guest Clive125

Hi Tony,

I hope to see you there as I live fairly close by in Stamford, I've put the date, venue and your phone number in my diary.

Clive