• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Lovejoy 17th Dec

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Not as spectacular visually as la couple of weeks ago, but worth taking a snap of.....Not slept yet  been processing this on all day and I didn't actually use all the data so I might process it again at some point....there has got to be an easy way of processing comets.

16x30s in each LRGB

cheers

Peter

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4526-0-99316700-1387295479_thumb.jp

Guest peter shah

Many thanks everyone....Im pleased with it but not happy with the process I cant help but feel there must be an easier way of doing it

\great image Peter, Not sure what your doing but I use AA5 preprocess in manual stack mode to align the nuclei. I might then do a little processing in AA5 but will normally move to PI or PS to continue.

AA5 has a good star removal routine to select and delete stars but with a lot of subs it could get a bit long winded.

• 4 weeks later...