• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC 2264 (EQ8 First Light) #bahhumbug

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Well despite severe man flu I managed to get some data finally under the EQ8 :D

Granted I did not spend a lot of time framing this ... hence the cone nebula being somewhere off the bottom left of the image :blush: It also needs better processing, a few stretches whilst full of (medicinal) drugs is never going to show it up to it's best :o

10x600s FSQ85, 460ex, Astrodon Ha, flats, no bias

11781599613_f7126c8f52_o.jpg

Oh and here's my PHD graph :D

11781345905_66195d6b92_o.png

looking quite good that despite the framing.  new filter seems to be getting nice detail :thumbsup: and mount appears to be a good one then :D

and :nonono:  man flu is no excuse on processing :P:lol:

Guest Kheldar

Very nice. What's the vertical white line towards the right hand edge?

That will be my partial column defect, it used to dither out on the EQ6, looks like the EQ8 tracks far better hence it doesn't dither

Edited by Kheldar

I see you now have the mount up and running. I assume you got the duff bits sorted.

Nice image, I see ambitious project in your future! :lol:

Guest Kheldar

Nicely done sir, even I understand the PHD graph, mount looking good then!

I'm very pleased with the performance of it, even if it has a few design niggles are just plain stupid ....

I see you now have the mount up and running. I assume you got the duff bits sorted.

Nice image, I see ambitious project in your future! :lol:

Yes thanks, FLO got me a new tripod out before Xmas but the season and illness meant I could not first light until last night :(

Will I don't know about ambitious but Steve has set certain bench marks on exposure length I really should at least meet ....