• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another M81/M82 +SN

xanthic

I took advantage of the first clear night in ages to test a few things. I've got the first stage of my battery box complete, so I am now fully mobile :) I ran everything from 12 volts to make sure it all works before I drag it to a field. I lost about an hour trying to get Metaguide to calibrate before I realised that I'd not given it the declination of the target. Once I did that it worked fine :facepalm: If you use ASCOM, that part is not required. I'd better get round to sorting that EQMOD cable out...

This is 120 mins, 9 x 600 sec subs, 3 darks, 21 flats, ISO800, no crop. I am really fighting the light pollution here, for me the target is right next to the city light dome. The contrast on the stacked image was not good. I did use a Baader coma corrector and this has really sorted the edges of the field and collimating before hand has made the stars the right shape this time :)

m81m82.jpg

Thanks guys :)

Felix - yes, much happier with the star field in this one. The coma corrector works a treat. 

Great image knew I should of set up last night :facepalm:

too much ice skating, Midwifery, and Downton Abbey goes to the shops for me   :D  :D

Well at least S@N returned :wub:

I've cropped out M82 and processed it seperately. The supernova is more prominent here.

get.jpg

Edited by xanthic