• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Brenner cliff; Mare Nectaris

dawson

When I was experimenting the the C11 when I first got it a month ago, I did some imaging with it and the ZWO around the area of Mare Nectaris. I made a 4-5 panel mosaic of what I have subsequently called the Brenner Cliff; a line running from from crater Brenner towards Mare Nectaris. The angle of light hitting the features at that time was good so it made the height differences more noticeable.

60 second AVI files taken with ASI ZWO 120MC, individually stacked in Registax 6, then loaded and arranged (automatically) in Microsoft ICE.

Looking at the image now, I realise if I wanted to do a lunar mosaic with the C11 and the ZWO, it would be about 50 panels! I might put that project on hold for a bit :)

JD

MareNectaris_zps23536b9c.jpg

Thanks both.

I just found the image whilst clearing up my laptop (preparing it for the re-install); I'd forgotten about it. It's not the greatest I know, but it reminded me about the thought I had of doing a multiple panel mosaic of the moon, and how tricky it would be with the ZWO and C11. It would be a good project if there was going to be 28 days of clear sky, and do a different strip, north to south each night. Too many variables though.

Maybe one day [month].

JD

Nice :) I'm jealous of your c11, if you get a high enough frame rate you should manage it during an evening, you can't do it over several days as the moon changes shadows let alone atmospherics being different