• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hitech Astro Mount Hub Pro Ultimate

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

For those who thought I had gone mad selling my Mount Hub Pro ... fear not ... I have the new model which Dave was showing off at Astro Fest :D

This is the full PC control one (for driving from a PC, there is also a manual option with hand controller for focuser and knobs for dew controller)

12772196053_52e9a78f77.jpg

Focuser, USB (in), USB (out), Power (out) (Only three USB due to design changes. The standard Mount Hub Pro is also downsizing from five to three)

12772199523_0314661438.jpg

Power (in), Dew Heaters

12772585864_1e61837050.jpg

Power (out- one on each side), Fuses (which were sorely missing from the old hub!)

(The design can be changed slightly, as standard they only have two power sockets, I asked for four)

12772133855_e02ecd9856.jpg

Losmandy plate (though if you have a mount saddle that has a puck you can replace the whole saddle as Dave will machine a puck. On my EQ8 the saddle is bolted directly into the DEC axis so that's not an option for me and I will piggy back it on the existing saddle)

Can't wait to try this out and clear up some of that cable clutter!!!

Edited by Kheldar

Power (out- one on each side), Fuses (which were sorely missing from the old hub!)
(The design can be changed slightly, as standard they only have two power sockets, I asked for four)

looks very good.

assume the extra 2 power outputs are on the bottom where the USB's are and then one each side.  Keeps power cables

slightly apart and stops you knitting with them :D

neat job that

Sheila

Guest Kheldar

Looks very interesting, any prices ?

This model is around £700  :facepalm: I don't have the price for the manual version but it's cheaper

assume the extra 2 power outputs are on the bottom where the USB's are and then one each side.  Keeps power cables

slightly apart and stops you knitting with them :D

I think the bottom ones are the standard and my custom ones are on the side from what I remember of the proto type pictures but yes, should keep everything nice and neat :D

Edited by Kheldar

thats looks like a proper CNC box of metal there, assume its quite heavy :o

but def looks much better build than the normal hub and makes more sense, no trailing wires apart from power. :D :D

sheila

Guest Kheldar

700 !

Yes I know it's a hell of a lot ... all I can say is they are built to order / spec and machined out of a single lump (weighs a ton!) ... very nice piece of work :blush:

Edited by Kheldar

well thank you , this will solve a large problem i have with the Lander :D

Currently i have to use black tape on the riser, after its set up as there is nowhere to put anything, the hub just sort of floats about on black tape :o

Thats me sorted, this foots the bill admirably :thumbsup:

Guest Kheldar

That's some lump of metal. But surely it's going to affect the carrying capacity of the mount :shock:

Without a doubt, but I've got 50KG (probably closer to 38KG for safe imaging use) to play with so I'm not worried yet ...

Forgive my ignorance (stupid question alert) but where does this new box go Stephen? Does it sit on the mount instead then?

Guest Kheldar

Forgive my ignorance (stupid question alert) but where does this new box go Stephen? Does it sit on the mount instead then?

Correct!

In my case it will plug into the mount (where your scope would normally go) then my scope will plug into the top of this

In other cases (NEQ6/HEQ5) it will replace the whole section where the scope normally plugs in (the saddle) :)

Guest AstroOlly

Wow £700

I think for the time being I will take my chance tripping over the wires......

But I can see the difference it would make

Olly

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kheldar

Well the mount / mount hub is back today from having its first of two mods!

The circuit board design inside has been changed which means it can now be mounted directly to the EQ8 - no dual saddle malarkey :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have OCD when it comes to wires so this is simply the way to go for me, if I was an imager of course  ;)

I have OCD when it comes to wires so this is simply the way to go for me, if I was an imager of course  ;)

i said exactly the same thing, for imaging this is perfect :)