• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Lunar, Planetary or widefield ?

tbird

Very nice pics - it was a beautiful site at 5:30am and you've caught exactly what I was greeted with for my first smoke of the day lol. :)

(I like the first one most - caught the atmosphere very well there)

Edited by Brantuk

Nice one Paul, I would have liked to have photographed it myself but I was working. It did look nice though and your pics do it justice.

Nice one Paul....

I missed that one this morning..   Darned tree!!!

Did bag Saturn and Mars though  :)  :)  :)  :)

Ade

Nice pics - 1st :thumbsup:    What is that in the first pic - bottom left  a house ?- or is my screen just dirty

It's a bungalow Stash, in fact we looked round that one before buying the one we're in.

Interesting to see how far Venus and the Moon moved apart during the morning. When I first observed them Venus was immediately above the Moon. I lost track of the Moon about 8.30am when Venus was still visible naked eye and was about 1.5 degrees right of the Moon.

Hi Paul,

Thought I was seeing things again. :facepalm:

Yes it was interesting to watch i lay awake watch Saturn/Mars move off as moon and venus came up.

I bet you ,living next to sea, didn't suffer from the Haze which may end of Cranwell suffered last night - seem just to leave a portal directly above.

See you Saturday !

Seeing was very steady last night, Jupiter looked very good but Mars and Saturn were mushy this morning, couldn't see any detail.