• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First shot at imaging (M51, semi-widefield?)

Tibbz2

Well I thought I ought to post this at some point, tried improving the images a bit with my limited processing skills that I will hopefully expand on over the summer.

I had some issues with focusing and just ran with what I had due to the Moon looming and ready to rise  :ph34r:  

Any criticism welcome of course

Taken with an Opticstar AR80 and 1100D on a HEQ5.

39 x 90 second subs

ISO 800

Cropped:

rm9IiAR.jpg

Mega-cropped:

cvpjWqH.jpg

That's cool tibbz :) clear galaxy structure. PA may need a little tweaking to get rid of the egg shaped stars. Great first image, from what I hear DSO imaging is really difficult-you should be proud of that. But hey what do I know I only take videos of planets :D

Yes, that's an impressive first DSO image! Especially given it's a fast achromatic scope. Well done. Now get back to revision.

:)

Jd

Good effort Tobias. Easily recognisable. You should be happy with that as it has come out rather well.

nice effort, next thing is to start down the guiding route, cheap st80 and a cheap guide camera and you can piggy back them onto the imaging scope or use a dual mount bar

Well done Tobias, did you get thePA sorted out and did you use a bat mask?

Cheers

Ron

Well done Tobias, did you get thePA sorted out and did you use a bat mask?

Cheers

Ron

Yes Mark showed me what I was doing wrong, but no bat mask! (hence the problems I had)