• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Towels at the ready

tuckstar

I've met her and shes at home

the black pointed nosed 4 legged one btw

Edited by Ibbo

I'm still looking for the triple breasted whore of Eroticon six through a pann galactic gargle blaster, real hoopy.

"Hey you, sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!"

“A towel, [The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy] says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.â€

Edited by Allan the Plumber

Finally got round to reading the last instalment "Oh, and another thing." By Eoin Colpher

Not quite as good as the master himself but it's nice to get a bit of closure after the Grebulons killed everyone.

Finally got round to reading the last instalment "Oh, and another thing." By Eoin Colpher

Not quite as good as the master himself but it's nice to get a bit of closure after the Grebulons killed everyone.

You think that's the end "I don't think so "

eddies in the time continuum

and this his his sofa ?

"Is he? " Arthur Dent Edited by Allan the Plumber

The end of one of the middles. :-)

I thought Eoin was writing another one :o:)

"The end of one of the middles" is the last line of "And another thing."

I hope he does, but don't think it needs the profanity, just seemed out of place.

In 2009 Eoin said he wouldn't do another H2G2 but hoped somebody else would.

http://www.wired.com/2009/11/eoin-colfer-hitchhikers-guide/

hope left after all.

Edited by tuckstar

"The end of one of the middles" is the last line of "And another thing."

I hope he does, but don't think it needs the profanity, just seemed out of place.

"ah that now makes sense now  :o  :D  I tend to get audio books (unabridged ) as can work and soaking in books with out having to sit down and read yeah lazy I know, but can get through a book in a few days if busy just done all of the Game of Thrones epics 10 in total 24hrs each phew

That must of been the phrase  I couldn't work out at the end of the book!!!  it all becomes clear :blush:

Did you by chance listen a few weeks ago on Radio 4 extra the live radio broadcast that the original cast did?  kinda brought all things in including Random Dent etc. into the story  nice to hear the  original cast again of course apart from Peter Jones, Richard Vernon etc

They got John Lloyd to be the guide must of been recorded live as he kept messing up his lines pasted link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01wgfjw

I'd seen that they are doing a tour with guests along the way. I'm more of a fan of the story in the book and the tv series than the radio version, or that awful film.

But it all started on the radio!!! It came before the book lol :-)

Yeah I know :-) was a bit young for the radio shows and I've always liked reading.

"ah that now makes sense now  :o  :D  I tend to get audio books (unabridged ) as can work and soaking in books with out having to sit down and read yeah lazy I know, but can get through a book in a few days if busy just done all of the Game of Thrones epics 10 in total 24hrs each phew

That must of been the phrase  I couldn't work out at the end of the book!!!  it all becomes clear :blush:

Did you by chance listen a few weeks ago on Radio 4 extra the live radio broadcast that the original cast did?  kinda brought all things in including Random Dent etc. into the story  nice to hear the  original cast again of course apart from Peter Jones, Richard Vernon etc

They got John Lloyd to be the guide must of been recorded live as he kept messing up his lines pasted link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01wgfjw

I think audiobooks are a good idea for long car journeys. I don't have many of those at the moment, as I'm based at home.