• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My first DS image M57 20/07/14

Guest Philmarriott

Guest Philmarriott

This is the first time actually using my kit and doing an image. Its only x10 2min subs no darks etc, was just getting used to how it all works.

well done Phil, that has come out very well indeed considering its still not getting fully dark outside, nice round stars also, now longer and more subs for the next one.

M51 might be a good choice for your next target as it`s a fairly bright ish object and looks great too. 

Very nice image you should see the mess I made of M57 the other night using my gear

Nice job Phil as Rob says conditions not great to see M57 at mo roll on those dark nights

Guest Philmarriott

Thanks guys! Looking forward to some darker nights. Feel like I made big progress with all the equipment so hopefully be able to spend more time imaging than setting up :)