• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meade LX90 8" SCT - SOLD

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

I have decided to come away from the SCT and the AZ mount as I love the results people are having with the ED80 and EQ6Pro's so i'm going to be upgrading, but first need to sell up for funds before the dark skies return, will sell for £650 to anyone on this site as advertised for £700 on ASB

Selling 

Meade LX90 8" SCT with EQ Wedge & 2" legged Tripod, The scope works/slews perfect no problems at all!!! Collimation is spot on but I have recently installed replacement collimation bolts with Coll-u-bolts from AE for easy adjusting.

Optics clean and in overall great condition.

Scope Accessories Include - Original Visual back for 1.25", Antaras 6.3 Focal Reducer and Celestron Extention Tube for Tring , 26mm Meade 1.25" EP + box of few bits and bobs, 8" bahtinov mask, Celestron 1.25" Diagonal.

I have installed a large fine focus wheel on the knob, and attached a home made wired remote focuser (included) 

On top of the Scope is a KSON 80mm Wide Angle Refractor Guide Scope (Attached with custom home made Aluminium bar and Aluminium rings Painted Black)

Original Meade 8x50 Finder Scope

Underneath is a home made sliding counter weight system with various weight to balance. 

Meade 497 Controller with latest update with spare cable.

Internal battery compartment works perfect & 12v power cable included.

15m cable for connection to PC

AE  Flexi Dew Shield ( Although this has bits cut out to fit round Guide Scope bar and Counterweight bar) 

I will say that the OTA paint work has seen better days, when I first brought the scope nearly all of the bolts everywhere where either rusted or heads had been stripped so I purchased a replacement kit and they are all good as new now, however the paint work around the bolts took a little beating whilst removing them and I haven't gotten round to repainting it yet, this is purely cosmetic tho!! I have removed the white Meade LX90 stickers but I have a replacement set ready to be stuck on if you wanted too.

What else can I say, she has been a joy to own. Viewing working more then welcome.. £700 ono 

14175140178_84574ac81c_b.jpgP6060028 by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

14381945323_2774bb209a_b.jpgP6060032 by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

14175190270_27e5cff8d7_b.jpgP6060033 by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

14338712026_db4e131c42_b.jpgIMG_7520 by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

14338710896_07c49b9af1_b.jpgIMG_7524 by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr14551183454_5b03fc7eaa_b.jpgBF5 by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

Edited by StevenWhatley

Guest northernstar

Looks good. I would be very tempted as soon as I either win the lotto or figure out how to rob my local Natwest without getting caught. [emoji48]

Guest northernstar

If I could afford 2 upgrades I really would be tempted, but I have been thinking that my next scope probably won't be another SCT.

Guest StevenWhatley

SOLD and on its way to its new home in Birmingham :( sad to see it go but on the plus side Hello NEQ6 !!!!