• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Bad News

All, I haven't been on lately as my wife is in hospital after a heart attack.

She will definitely need surgery but exactly what type(s) of procedure we don't know yet.

With early morning teleconferences, I am quite busy and not doing much observing. I wish I could, as it helps me relax. I'm processing some images from Sunday, as I can leave Deep Sky Stacker running in the background. Here's what I've been up to:

http://sungazer127mak.blogspot.fr/2014/08/august-2014.html

I hope you're all OK.

Guest peepshow

All, I haven't been on lately as my wife is in hospital after a heart attack.

She will definitely need surgery but exactly what type(s) of procedure we don't know yet.

I'm sorry to hear that and wish her a speedy and full recovery.

Sorry to hear your news Phil, I hope they choose the right path and she gets on the road to recovery soon. It's not an easy time but if astronomy helps you relax then I wish you super clear sky's and look forward to better times for you and the wife.

Take care

Ron

Sorry to hear about your wife Phil I hope all goes well for her recovery

Stephen

Sorry to hear your wife is unwell and I hope she feels better soon. 

Thanks, Martyn.

Latest is that she'll need an operation but we don't know which one!

Don't panic Phil I've had 3 angioplasties, 3 stents, and a triple heart bypass and I'm still here, the docs are amazing and they will sort your wife out I'm sure.

Best wishes mate.

My Mother (82) had a triple by-pass about 10 years ago and she is still going strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the best wishes. My wife is still in hospital and waiting for an operation, as she is not well enough to come home. It's getting rather frustrating and I'm getting worn down by work and housework. Naturally, our daughter and I are spending as much time with my wife as is sensible.

I'm doing a little bit of observing, snapping and blogging but have suspended all writing activities for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone. My wife had a valve replacement and is now home. She needs a few weeks to recover.

I'm doing a bit of astronomy as/when weather and time permit.