• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My sons Christmas present

Bino-viewer

As i child, i was always fascinated by binoculars.

I used to love looking through my granddads.... i think they were 8 x 40s, when we used to visit.

Sadly, i never got a pair of my own till i was much older.

I've had several pairs over the years before settling on my current pair (Canon 15x 50's) which i've now had over 10 years.

A few years ago we brought our little'un a pair of toy binocs (Barska 10 x 25's)

To be honest they are not very good....however, he's used them a lot and seems as fascinated with them as i was (and still am  :) )

Now he's 10 i thought it was time for an upgrade........hope he likes them !

These arrived from WEXP this morning........... :D

15534819445_8ee5be8e17_c.jpgIMG_3302 by rob.0919, on Flickr

15511139746_a90febe1d2_c.jpgIMG_3303 by rob.0919, on Flickr

I think Ron has a pair of them. 

As you already know the IS bins are great and will help your son hold them them steady.

I once tried a pair of 10x42L is and I was in love, the views are to die for.

Your son is a lucky lad.

• Like 1

Guest Tweedledum

Top job, he's very lucky. Have had a few bits from Wex and have always had good service. Bought my b&l binos from them some years ago.

Yup, I have a pair! Great optics and depending on your target the IS system is great! Good for stargazing, bird watching and aircraft spotting for sure!! I hope he enjoys them as much as I do!  :)

• Like 1

Nice, I have looked through Rons and they are great bins and the image stabilisation makes them a joy to use.