• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Group Project

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

It came to my attention quite how many ED80 lovers there were amongst us at EMS3, I'm wondering about setting up a group target project that we all can combine our data to see what the outcome would be..

Thoughts ??? Or ideas ???

Guest Tweedledum

Great Idea, I am not an imager, my bent is IT.

If there are several of you, you will need to sort out some shared area with a common id & password. Would suggest dropbox. If I can help don't hesitate to ask.

Guest StevenWhatley

I suppose everyone that's up for it to have a vote and we draw from a hat.. We can say maybe no more than 1hours data from each person so then it's not taking up to much time from people's usual target missions.

you may need more data than that unless there are more ED80's than i think :wacko: and of course assuming all your cameras

are similar?

Guest Tweedledum

From memory andy laing (andyboy1970) did some comined imaging on M27, using two diffeent nights imaging and types of data. It may be worth dropping him a pm.

Edited by Tweedledum

yes combining different nights/telescopes and cameras can be done with registar and others  (not registax) as long as you have enough grunt in the PC

I've done ccd and dslr combined in the past and most on here regularly do several nights subs for one image

I would suggest something out of the murk and high enough to reduce guiding errors

Also circumpolar so it can be done any time of the year?

What's Registar Steve??

Edited by Ron Clarke

Also circumpolar so it can be done any time of the year?

What's Registar Steve??

Software that is about£150 but will align and allow different camera scope sizes to be aligned I also have ad ed80

I may also be up for being involved in this.

Interesting ibbo. Can registax handle data from different size sensors and stack them?

Edited by Johnnyaardvark

You can adjust for different cameras in photoshop as well. :D

i tried that once and was not too successfull :lol:

Thanks Sheila. Had misread the previous posts and took it as a typo. :Oops:

no worries but registar is not cheap :wacko:

If Canon DSLR's were used, would that solve a probem?

Also whether or not Flatteners/Reducers are used?

Ron

Guest StevenWhatley

It would have to be as simple as possible for the first effort i think and then maybe build up to mixing camera types and reducers ect. Maybe just an ED80 and a DSLR to start with..

I'm just trying to not over complicate it to begin with, but I'm glad it's tickled people's interest, just need to find a target any ideas on that area folks..

Edited by StevenWhatley

Guest Tweedledum

If you have a designated PC with enough grunt, then this could be the way, you can also get a second licence for another pc so it may be a viable option for you.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Steve,

registar page  :- http://www.aurigaimaging.com/ordering.htm

From their ordering page ---See below :--

ou can instead select the I will visit the Auriga Imaging web site to arrange payment option after pressing the Buy RegiStar button. You will be given the Program Code that is generated by RegiStar for your particular computer. You can then visit this page to arrange payment and receive your License Key, which you can enter by pressing the Enter new RegiStar License Key button in the opening evaluation screen. The following payment methods are available under this option:

• Pay on-line using your Visa or MasterCard credit card. After giving us your name, Program Code, and email address, you will be directed to our secure payment site where you can enter your credit card number. Then, you will be directed back to the Auriga Imaging site where you will immediately be given your License Key.
  • Print out a hard-copy order form, fill it out, and mail or fax it to us together with your payment. After we have processed your purchase, we will send your License Key to you by email, fax, or regular mail.

A License Key only works on the particular computer for which it was generated. If, after purchasing RegiStar, you want to install RegiStar on another computer that you own, you must obtain a License Key for that computer. You can receive additional License Keys without further payment by pressing the Activate RegiStar button on the opening evaluation screen, and then following the instructions. Auriga Imaging reserves the right to limit the number of additional License Keys granted.

yes i did that to install it on the astro computer as well as the one i normally use.  it was quite easy

Sheila

Steven, as you know I am using an ED80 with the same reducer as you and a Canon 1000d so would be happy to discuss such a project with you when I return from my holiday, assuming you have no takers before.