• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Miranda 16x50

Guest zidder

Guest zidder

I have a set of these, had them about 20yrs but never really used them for anything, two issues, first when I look at stars etc. I see two of them, second they seem to be permanently fogged. 

Have know idea if they should be any good for astronomy my view is only good for the bin ???

I'm sure there are people around who could clean up the lenses and re align them for you, but I think they would probably charge more than a new pair.

Get yourself a decent pair of bins, 10x50's or 15x70's. You won't regret it :thumbsup:

Guest Tweedledum

Unfortunately disributed by Dixons many moons ago. Two of everything usually equals poorly aligned prisms in the optical path. Anything above 12x will be a pain to hold steady for anything longer than a few minutes.

A decent set of 10*50 and you are sorted. The 15*70's require a tripod, I am 6'3 and barn door. Pete has a pair of these beauties but  you would need some support :D