• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

what table to buy for stargazing?

Guest memento2me

Guest memento2me

i am looking forward to buy myself a table for stargazing. what do you guys recommend? where did you buy it from? i know some people are using portable picnic tables. are they good for this purpose?

Hi, what do you want to use it for? Also, how tall are you? All depends on you what size table you want, what's good for one might not be suitable for all.

yes i too bought a hi tec one from go outdoors, there light and easy to lug around, just enough to but my computer screen on and keyboard when i`m at star partys.

I use one very similar to Martyns above, wish mine had a handle though. I have been all the way up to a dark site and realised I'd forgotten to bring it and really regretted it. They are so convenient for holding cases, accessories, atlases and torches etc.

My advice is to get one large enough for your needs, the smaller ones are a pain as you will be accidentally pushing stuff off the edge in the dark. Some have a small plastic or metal lip around the edge which helps stop torches and things rolling off the edge.

I could do with one of these.

Dropped in to Go Outdoors earlier.........but the said table was out os stock  :(