• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Custom Stellarium Landscape

gfletcher

Hi Guys

I am trying to do a custom stellarium landscape from my back garden

I have taken 360 degree images and put them through photoshop cs6 to get the transparency reqd for the sky area, saved them as PNG’s.

Produced a panoramic using photomerge (in CS6)

Does anyone have a simple to understand procedure of the next steps up to finally installing my result in Stellarium Landscapes ?

Graham

I really am struggling :-(

Is there any way for me to send you my panorama and individual images (if necessary) that you could possibly complete the actions for me?

Both my panorama and individual images are in PNG format .

cheers

Graham

I took 8 images for the panorama and looking at the properties they each seem to range from 8MB to 16MB in the PNG format

Hey graham, sis you take a look at the thread that Pete posted the link to? There's a step by step guide written by Dawson in there that describes exactly what to do in detail. Just scroll down the thread and you will see it :)

yeah no worries send it to me I'll have a go

Have done 2 for my place (winter and Summer)  1 at Wymeswold 1 for Kelling and helped Devil 74 do his so should be able too 

Allan 

sorry to you have dropbox for the files ?

Edited by Allan the Plumber

Hey graham, sis you take a look at the thread that Pete posted the link to? There's a step by step guide written by Dawson in there that describes exactly what to do in detail. Just scroll down the thread and you will see it :)

too long winded  :lol: