• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

new bits of kit

rainbow demon

HI All

Just recently purchased a few new pieces of kit, a Revelation 2.5 barlow  from telescope house, a regulated 12volt power supply, FLO had them on their website but no longer available so managed to get the last one in stock from maplins, puts out a continuous 5 amps and 13.8 volts, picked up a 10 metre power cable from those very nice people at Rother Valley Optics, a new lappy well newish, a refurb from Argos outlet an ASUS K55A came with windows 8 6gig Ram and 1TB HDD, recently had windows 7 installed and upgraded  the ram to the max 8gig, installed all the astro software everything working ok well almost, I have the eqtooth adapter but for some reason windows cant find it, but that's for another post.

Clear skies.

Hi Damian

At first tried it with windows 8, think every thing worked ok, but was getting a message that windows wasn't installed and  to enter the product key, as it was a refurb of course I didn't have one.

Cheers

Peter

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Peter,

I hate W8, 8.1, there are others who don't.  I have looked after large IT estates (8000+ desktops, laptops), W7 has been the most stable for me!!.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Damian

At first tried it with windows 8, think every thing worked ok, but was getting a message that windows wasn't installed and  to enter the product key, as it was a refurb of course I didn't have one.

Cheers

Peter

Had the same problem with this pc.

Rang up the phone number listed on the registration page and explained I did not have the key and they gave me one over the phone.

W8 has been great ever since.  :)