• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EQTOOTH Help

rainbow demon

Hi All

Recently purchased a refurbished laptop from argos  outlet had windows 7 installed all asto software working ok, the EQdirect cable works with the mount ok but want to use EQtooth, It worked fine on the other laptop showing generic Bluetooth radio and HC-06 in devices, on the new one it just shows CSR Bluetooth chip, been back to see the guy who installed windows 7 for me three times now, he updated the various Bluetooth drivers, last visit installed Bluetooth suite and said that should now work, but it didn't, tried it with and without the dongle still nothing, had a look through all the various settings cant seem to find anything wrong, had no probs with the install on the old laptop so wonder if there is still something missing, its not the end of the world it isn't working but its dam annoying, so anyone have any ideas.

Clear Sky's. 

I used to have the eq tooth adapter, and works great, but a little fiddly to setup, but if you google eq tooth one of the first websites to come up is that of the guy who makes them, at the bottom of his page of I remember correctly it gives you some step by step instructions on installation of different operating systems.

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply, I still have the instruction sheet that came with it, at the moment that's  not the problem, Its trying to get windows to find it, have gone into devices, click on add device but windows cant find it, its picking up the dongle as CSR Bluetooth chip, from the last install on the other laptop it should be Bluetooth radio.

Cheers

Pete.