• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ash Photo - Visual Tripod for EQ3 thro to HEQ5 inc clones - SOLD

philjay

I built this some years ago as an alternative to the wobbly SW ali tripods and the too low and slightly wobbly stainless pipe tripods and its served me well.

Made from Ash in a very solid format to give maximum rigidity.

Fixed height at 1.3m this was made for use with my refractors but works fine with compounds (maks and scts depending on the mount).

It has Skywatcher furniture, e.g. head, spreader and tray. Will take mounts compatible with EQ3 through to HEQ5.

The spikes are adjustable for levelling but I leave them set at where they are and use the adjusters on the EQ mount for polar aligning cos Im lazy. I shall throw in my bubble level for it as well though.

This tripod is rock steady, Ive been using it with an HEQ5 and a 5" Meade Refractor. It will take the same mount and a 4" F15 (my own and a Skylight F15 have been used with great success). A 6" F8 refractor has been on this tripod several times as well.

Price £75 collect from Derbyshire

OI000010.jpg

OI000011.jpg

OI000012.jpg

OI000013.jpg

Edited by philjay

• 1 month later...