• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi there, I'm back!

Guest nickyb

Guest nickyb

Hi all,

Have been a member for over a year, but have not been posting as been working aboard for a while, now back in UK.

My academic background was a degree in Astrophysics with a deep interest into more 'exotic objects' including Neutron Stars, White Dwarfs, Quasars and other energetic objects. Our Sun keeps me interested in the topic and have a Lunt 60mm solar scope, but have not used for some time now.

I am looking to purchase a 'grab n' go' scope from Altair Astro pretty soon and a iOptron tripod, to start with, mainly for visual use (80mm) when time allows from our dark location in NW cambs.

Cheers

Nick

;)

Guest nickyb

Welcome back.

You have pre ordered some great kit, you seem to have all bases covered.

Thanks Mick. Actually I need to update my profile, as the original kit I was going to buy I did not in the end, due to work commitments away. Will for sure go the Altair Astro way and my fiends at Tring Astro.

Hi Nick, welcome back, let us know how you are progressing on the hardware acquisitioning... Cheers!

Welcome back Nick, plenty of dark area's out in the Fen's, lived in Peterborough for 18 years but not as an astronomer!!

Cheers

Ron