• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Heating Up Again

Perkil8r

Just been looking on the websites since I've not managed to look for myself again:

17346963286_2962483e0c_o.jpg

17165468097_2d366d8b3e_o.jpg

I see there is another big spot rounding the western limb just above the equator. 2335 has developed nicely today and the others have pretty much sprung from nowhere. The proms in Ha and that huge fillament are looking angry too. So much to see!

And hre we were thinking the sun is coming out of a maximum

. Theres lots going on up there. That prom and activity on the western limb looked soectacular yesterday, the gong image doesnt show it but there was a thin prom going straight up from the centre of that activity that look like a splash. It was impressive. I suspect the clouds will get in the way of watching this develop daily.

Edited by philjay

AR2335 has been flaring this afternoon, not sure if it is in our exact direction though, one to watch out for I think, and the new group round the limb is spitting away quite merrily.

Wanted to look today but wind and rain got in the way.

The one coming round the limb looks like it's going to be a big one.

AR2339 as it will be numbered soon, right on the western limb is turning into a huge group by the looks of it. Should be good to look at in a couple of days!

17194410730_6aab6b694c_o.jpg

Nice activity. Hope to get a look if this weather settles a bit.