• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

PoTM Entries for June 2015

Doc

Please submit your PoTM entries for June 2015 into this thread.  Remember, only 1 image per person although you can alter your image at any time.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sun-07jun15_zpst2xh74va.jpg

Canon 550d, 200mm lens @ f5 1/2000, Baader solar film.

My study of AR2371

Stack of 1500 from 2000 frames. Stacked in AS2, wavelet in Registax then final tinkering in Photoshop

AR2371%20comparison.jpg

• Like 1

This is the best of seven solargraphs we started running on March 20th 2015.

Equipment: Ilford Photographic Enlarging Paper, old tin can, black paint, pin, gaffa tape and cable ties.

Exposure:  16 weeks

Processing: Fixing with home brew fixing solution, scanned and post process in photoshop.

11231145_10153382692508917_6120589367296

Taken by students of The Long Eaton School's "Family Astronomy Club" with help from Mr Perkins and the Gym roof.

• Like 1

Not getting out as much as I would like so my contribution this month is my large image scale white light picture of the sun from a Sunday's observing at the start of the month (Sun White Light 07/06/2015)

Nikon D5000, best 13 of 333 frames.
ED80 and 2x Barlow (hence large image scale!)
Processed in PIPP, stacked in Registax 5.1 and wavelets, post processing in CS2

18597158456_f3d80cb2bd_h.jpgThe Sun in White Light 07/06/2015 by Steve Athey, on Flickr
Click and download for a larger image if you like.

Steve

Well I thought I was going to get off lightly with PoTM this month but some last minute entries yesterday have certainly made things harder for me ( I will let you off Ron for submitting it today ;)  )

Andyboy1970 provided a nice full disc solar shot producing some nice groupings, Steven Whattley produced a stunner of a lunar shot, the contrast, clarity and detail on the first quarter moon were fantastic - I would be over the moon (sorry  :facepalm:  ) with that one.  Next up was Philjay's study of AR2371 sun spot groupings, nicely done there Phil, then next up was an unusual picture taken by the MPOLE and the students of The Long Eaton School's "Family Astronomy Club".  Cracking picture, never seen anything like that before and I was very impressed with what you can do with some black paint, gaffa tape and an old tin can - cracking stuff!  Johnnyaardvark produced a nice white light full disc solar shot, nice groupings you caught there and then Ibbo produced an absolute belter of an image of our closest star, the detail there is just stunning.  Next was Tasking and Ron Clarke giving us some nice shots of the Venus / Jupiter conjunction, well done chaps.

So onto a winner.

It has been a tough decision, somebody had it nailed until the late flood of entries yesterday just managed to pip them to the post, so this months picture of the month winner is.................................

Ibbo and his super close up solar shot.

Well done Steve and well done also to everybody else, some truly cracking photos there people, please keep them coming.

:thumbsup::notworthy:

• Like 2

Well done Steve, that's so close I can feel the heat coming of it.

Well done to everyone else as well.

Thanks Daz!! ;)

Well done Steve, cracking solar image mate!!

Cheers

Ron

Super work Steve. Well done everyone of course and thanks to the judges.