• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Greetings from York !

Guest Gasman

Guest Gasman

Hi folks

Just noticed the forum (after a search for the 115mm scope from Altair!!!) and thought I`d join up :) .

I have acquired a fair bit of gear over the years - recently an NEQ6 mount for my C8 and mounted it in a Pulsar dome I came across some time ago (lets just say right place, right time ;) ). I have a DMK camera which I`ve been using with a Star Analyser grating and getting some interesting spectro results but I really like the look of the ATIK 314 ccd which other spectro users rave about just have to persuade my other half now :D .

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve and welcome to EMS :)

If you're looking for a 115 EDT you're in the right place - Altair feature in our traders section half way down the main page. I've only used mine for observing so far and it's teriffic - I was amazed to see the jagged peaks of mountains on the moon's limb with it - in daylight, and the ring nebula with the same ease. It holds a lot of promise for imaging when I finally get round to doing that - check out Olly Penrice's pictures taken with it.

Enjoy the forum :)

Guest Gasman

Hi guys

Many thanks for the warm welcomes !!. Just a thought but the wife and I will be coming down to Chatsworth for a few days on the 24th of this month for a few days now not sure how far Chatsworth is away from EMS but I wondered if you lot have any events on at all?. It would be very useful to have a peek through a 115mm Altair if at all poss as I`ve never seen one in the flesh and bit reluctant to get one just on reviews, no probs at all if not ;)

Clear skies

Steve

We are purely weather dependant I'm afraid, we tend to meet up Friday Saturday nights if its clear, at one of our two dedicated dark sites. Your more than welcome to pop along if we have a meet. It will be announced in the announcements section.

We are purely weather dependant I'm afraid, we tend to meet up Friday Saturday nights if its clear, at one of our two dedicated dark sites. Your more than welcome to pop along if we have a meet. It will be announced in the announcements section.

Nearly 3 sites, lol

Nearly 3 sites, lol

Sorry, how could I forget.

Consider myself told off - lol. ;)