• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

p1taylor

Guest p1taylor

Guest p1taylor

Thanks all for your welcome,  I will post some images when I find out how to put them in, tried to put image in to my signature  but cannot, not very good with computers , was a textile engineer running those big mill engines and maintaining all services and machinery finished up as chef engineer . 

peter    

Guest StevenWhatley

Hi Peter,

Typically I use or most of us use Yahoos picture sharing service called Flickr.. create an account with them and upload to Flickr, you can then select the share image and choose BBcode, choose your desired size and copy the BBcode link into your postbox on here.

I'm sure there is a post on here pinned explaining it in detail as this is a common question to new members..

Any question feel free to ask..

Steven

Guest p1taylor

Sorry Steven but I have had so much trouble  with yahoo I will not us it ever again, seems a very complicated way to load images other sites you just load  in as attachments. 

peter

Peter,

We have opted to use this method as hosting pictures on our hosts servers costs money. The more pictures we hosted, the more hard drive space we needed, the more we needed, the more it costs and we wish to keep this site free for everyone.

There are other alternatives to Flicker, I use Dropbox which is not affiliated to Yahoo or anybody else.

Other forums (like SGL for example) are sponsored, so hosting their own images is not an issue.

The link that Doc gave you in your other post has some other alternatives.

Edited by Daz Type-R