• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EQMOD - home position

Hubble@Wynstay

Hi - I'm new to the forum & your expertise would be gratefully received.

I recently upgraded from an alt/az mount to an EQ8 equatorial on a fixed pier and downloaded EQMOD & Carte du Ceil. I have the mount reasonably polar aligned but when I restart the mount it does not 'go to' with any accuracy.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Dave

Thank you for getting back to me - it's great to know someone out there can help 😄

I've sync'd (probably x10 stars to E & W) using CDC. This was after moving the mount manually initially to the first star as the go to was off by around 1/2 a degree. following that the go to was much better but when I then parked the scope & restarted the go to was off by 1/2 a degree again. I deleted all the sync'd Stars & started again but found it was no better - confused 👿

Will have a look at Astrotortilla.

Hi Richard, a warm welcome to EMS.

I am sorry I can't help, I only do visual but I am sure someone will help out, I hope you get this sorted out swiftly.

In the meantime enjoy the forum. :)

Welcome to EMS Richard.

I only do visual as well, I wouldn't even know how to switch an EQ8 on, but I'm sure a few more ideas will come your way.