• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi and thanks from Doug in Polegate

Guest DarkStar

Guest DarkStar

Hi everyone

Just got out of bed from the trip home from Kelling Heath. I imagine you lot are kipping down at the moment. Hope you are not swimming around in a quagmire after the predicted shower!

Just wanted to say many thanks for making me so welcome and allowing me to view all those great objects in such short a time and before the clouds came in - I'm afraid I'm hopeless with names but you know who you are. The Veil nebula with the O2 and UHC filter was a real eye opener, I didn't realise this sort of object could be picked up and in such much detail visually, really quite stunning. I'm now in a dilemma as to whether to splash a bit more cash at the astrophotography or put together a visual system that would be fun to use whilst the AP data is coming in!  :unsure:. It was wonderful recapturing the joy of looking at these objects, like being a kid again!

A special thanks to Graham for allowing me to crash down on your pitch and for giving me a reason to attend my first star party - as if I needed one. Top man and an amazing resource of engineering skill for the community.

Feel free to peruse some of my images which are available at http://www.astrobin.com/users/silentrunning/

Cheers and stay in touch

Doug

Hi Doug, very glad you decided to join, it was a pleasure meeting you. I was the one with the 8" dob on a table, Mick (Doc) was the one with the triplet on the losmondy mount, then there was John (Rusty Strings) with the home made 12" dob and Martyn with the 12" Skywatcher dob.

Glad to see we got you back interested!

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Doug

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I told you these folks were the most friendly bunch you will ever meet.

Doug I have updated the mail link on the website if you could give it a try for me.

Thanks

Edited by Graham

Hi Doug, a warm welcome to EMS.

It was a pleasure to meet you and I am pleased you have joined up. It was a good night wasn't it! When Kelling is good, it's stunning.

Go on, get a Dob and join us dirty visual monkey's, that's where the fun is! :D