• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2015 - The Aftermath.

Daz Type-R

Thanks to all for yet another fantastic Kelling Heath star party. Please use this thread for reports, photos ETC. I took a few photos, will put them up later.

:)

A very enjoyable star party, great company, and very good weather. Only rained Friday morning and all three nights that I was there were clear. Clocked up at least 70 objects over the three nights, in fact run out of objects to see.

Thanks Darren for letting me stay in Morgan Palace  :lol:

Edited by Doc

thanks to everyone for a great few days (Glad i came home saturday i now have a confirmed pass for EMS 4 :lol:  :lol: )

• Like 2

Well done Allen, last night was clear then cloudy for couple of hours then clear until i went to bed at  1am. By the way not water from the suspect pipes as yet!!

Cheers

Ron

I'd like to thank everybody for a great few days at Kelling, had my up's n down's but thoroughly enjoyed it and thank you John for the loan of the power lead!!

cheers

Ron

Just finished unpacking the car, got back at two-ish. A bit of a traffic jam somewhere near Sandringham, probably the queue for the Game Fair.

Thanks to everyone for some terrific company and laughs. Four clear nights on the bounce, OK one wasn't great, but they were dark and usable. I bagged some new objects and had a look at the old favourites. If you read this David, a big thanks for turning off your porch lights and pulling the curtains, much appreciated by all.  :thumbsup:

Here's one or two to be going on with. We start with a star party tradition.

DSCF3986_zpsgq7cf46w.jpg

Cation this! I am going for "Daz reboots Stephen."

DSCF3990_zps6dygeofe.jpg

An enormous 30" F3.3 Dob, owned by the Liverpool Astro Soc. All handmade, including grinding their own mirror.  A true beast of a scope.

20150910_163232_zpsz0rfegq1.jpg

The world famous burning table makes it to Kelling without the need of the  Fire Brigade.

20150910_160838_zpsu5ian5yy.jpg

Here's the lot, so apologies for repeats as I have bunged the phone and camera into one album.

http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/BBQBAZ/library/Kelling%202015?sort=3&page=7

Well done Allen, last night was clear then cloudy for couple of hours then clear until i went to bed at  1am. By the way not water from the suspect pipes as yet!!

Cheers

Ron

That's good to know Mrs Ron not worried about walking home into a flood i hope 

see you at EMS 4

Guest StevenWhatley

Lovely weekend with a great bunch of people!!, always nice to put faces to names :) Thanks for everyone's help with all the guiding issues I had.. fingers crossed I have got it all ironed out now.

Now to process the data I managed to get of M33.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's results.

thankyou martyn :harhar:  it seems to have become a tradition here :lol:  could be worse it could be from the front :o

Well great star party and good skies.  Myselg and Stephen managed over 24 hours of data, will take a while to sort and process

that lot :ladyshock:

thanks to all for making it a good weekend

Great weekend at Kelling. Just got back so not had chance to sort my photo's out yet but will post some over the next couple of days.

Nice to meet up with the EMS crowd.

Big thanks to Allan for letting a couple of caravaners set up on his pitch.  :notworthy:

thankyou martyn :harhar:  it seems to have become a tradition here :lol:  could be worse it could be from the front :o

It's not a front sheila!  :lol:

Ta very much for the cakes, magnificent as ever.

I can't wait to see what you turn out, Christ you were even getting data through cloud. That did impress me.  :screwloose:

Great weekend at Kelling. Just got back so not had chance to sort my photo's out yet but will post some over the next couple of days.

Nice to meet up with the EMS crowd.

Big thanks to Allan for letting a couple of caravaners set up on his pitch.  :notworthy:

No worries Dave anytime mate it was a pleasure hope you got loads of images 

• Like 2

Ta very much for the cakes, magnificent as ever.

I can't wait to see what you turn out, Christ you were even getting data through cloud. That did impress me.  :screwloose:

I always like to impress :rofl:  :)

I decided to do visual this year and enjoyed bagging some Messiers on the Friday night.

On Saturday we went down to the Kelling station platform. It was really dark down there as the bank shielded any light from the park. I just took the camera and tripod to get some pics of the Milky Way.

Here's a couple of pics from Friday and Saturday:-

k_Red_light1.jpg

Taken from the station. D610 (unmodified) 30sec at 3200 ISO. 14mm f2.8

K_Milky_Way_Station.jpg

• Like 3

Well was nice to see you all again and get away for the weekend. Popped in to the blue field before I came home, Phil 's van looked very lonely. SWMBO said how nice everyone was. Now it's back to rubbish skies till the main event next month.