• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2015 - The Aftermath.

Daz Type-R

Had a superb weekend this year at Kelling. Had a few technical issues to overcome, one being USB com port problems on the laptop.

A big thank you to Steven Whatley for sorting, and the other was trying to cook bacon and eggs in the rain Saturday morning

Cheers all.

Edited by Geezanova

Had a superb weekend this year at Kelling. Had a few technical issues to overcome, one being USB com port problems on the laptop.

A big thank you to Steven Whatley for sorting, and the other was trying to cook bacon and eggs in the rain Saturday morning

Cheers all.

You did a great job cooking in the rain that bacon sarnie was excellent 

Got back at 1400 today after an easy trip back. Had dome rain during packing away but it wasnt that wet rain though :-)

A great week, 4 nights of observing, got Andromeda and Aquila doubles ticked off in the Sissy Haas (S&T) book plus some widefields and solar.

A great week with good company, cheers folks

It was great to meet every one a gain and what a fine 4 nights viewing look for ward to EMS 4 all so like the images so far put up

Stephen

Edited by Stephen

Some very pretty images  ;)   Martyn has a good collection of random pics too, like astro dog the fire fighter keeping a look out, lol.  :lol:

Nice photos Allan, I'm surprised at how empty Kelling is on the run up to the main weekend, I would have thought it would be busier.

• Like 1

Who took the hi-viz vests piccy Allen?[/qu

Think it was either Phil or Martyn who took them lol

This was my haul for 4 nights of viewing at Kelling this September. I took the Sissy Haas catalogue and polished off Andromeda and Aquila. A few took some doing due to the variable seeing but the ones I couldn't split or tell were elongated in my 127 EDT I revisited on another night.

I was well pleased to bag these.

The scope was on my HEQ5 and I just plumbed in the co-ords and away I went. A few of the easier Aquila doubles were done with my new toy, the TV 18.5mm Delite EP bought on the Saturday and of course I had to revisit some I did the previous nights with it grin.gif

Kelling%20haul.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A couple through the Yashica 124g TLR. A bit foggy due to my thinking I knew better than the light meter.Also I was using 400 film and Im not used to 100 in B&W. Still I got some nice atmospheric portraits from the roll of film

• Like 2