• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sharpcap will not recognise Philips SPC900 webcam

gfletcher

Hi Guys

I have dug out an old laptop running Windows XP and have downloaded 2 pieces of software for the

SPC900 webcam.

When I open Sharpcap (or wxAstroCapture) I cannot get either of these to programs to recognise the SPC900 webcam .

Any clues as to where I may be going wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

Dont know if you have done this already but when I was running the SPC I had to start the camera from the task bar ( camera icon on the right hand side by the clock )  every time before anything would see it.

Hi Graham

I can see the webcam icon on the lower rh tray but when i click on it nothing happens . Maybe nothing should happen when i click on it?

Hi Graham

from what I remember as it was a long time ago.

right click the icon.

a list should appear

click start camera.

Then open sharpcap and it should be there.

Edited by Graham

Tried that.

I right clicked on the webcam icon and then clicked "Launch".

Opened Sharpcap and clicked on connect camera and the screen is blank ( does not appear that sharpcap has recognised the webcam)

Just reinstalled Sharpcap and still no joy.

It says at the bottom of the sharpcap screen "detecting cameras" but nothing happens .

Oh dear.

Sorry but that is the sum total of my ideas, computers are definitely not my thing.

Which version of Sharpcap are you using or not using as the case maybe, I used the early version.

are you sure you have the proper driver from the philips website ?

you have to do a bit of searching for it but there is one on there somewhere for different operating systems, also is the usb port working ok ? just a guess on that one.

are you sure you have the proper driver from the philips website ?

you have to do a bit of searching for it but there is one on there somewhere for different operating systems, also is the usb port working ok ? just a guess on that one.

Thats a good point.

I should have the drivers still on the obs pc if you need them

Hi Graham, will it open in Amcap? Just wondering if you have a problem with a lead or physical connection. Definitely worth trying it in all of the USB ports as well as it seems that not all USB ports are equal.