• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

KELLING HEATH 2016 BOOKING THREAD 30th Sept to 3rd Oct 2016

Sheila

Please do not post anything else on this thread it is just too keep track of bookings :)

Our Pitches for Kelling 2016 are listed below with the names of those who have already booked.  The empty pitches

will have to be given back to Kelling, so if you want to go please let me know ASAP.  If we lose these pitches we

will not get them after 2016 as the booking system now allows the folks who have the pitches to book them again

for the following year

222    Sheila

223    Kheldar

224    Daz + Doc

225    Graham

226    C Golder

227    Codnor Paul

228    Geezanova

229    Rusty Strings

230    Eddy

231    The Bagman 

232.    DaveJW

234    TasKiNG

235    seven_legs

236    Stephen

237    Allan the Plumber

238    Red Dwarf

239    ?????????? - this pitch was handed back to Kelling and has now been lost to EMS, we no longer have this pitch.

240    Ron

241    Baz

If you want one of the spare pitches please PM me and i will give you the booking reference to ring Kelling with

Edited by Sheila
change of pitch person

yes you can as long as you tell them when you book, I am unsure on the rules there

Edited by Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up......   bump

There is only 1 pitch left on the EMS block now, if you want it let me know ASAP.  After that you are on your own with finding

a pitch.  My job is done :D

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

LAST CHANCE FOR THE LAST RESERVED PITCH 232 AT KELLING BEFORE IT IS HANDED BACK AND LOST TO US

NEXT YEAR I WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO GET THE PITCHES WE HAVE THIS YEAR

All,

Can I please ask that if you are unable to make the Kelling Heath star party this year and you have booked and paid for a pitch, can I ask that you speak to a member of the EMS staff first, prior to phoning Kelling.

We will attempt to buy the pitch off you and then sell it on (if possible) to another member on here or somebody else in the stargazing community.

This means the pitch stays within EMS and is not available to anybody else.

The booking system at Kelling has changed since 2015, so if you book and pay for a pitch, that is yours for next year and the year after that and so on, meaning you have first dibs every year.  If you cant make it and sell your pitch back to Kelling, then if somebody else buys that pitch, you have lost it for good.

I am keen to try and keep the EMS contingent together and not split up via none EMS people.

Thanks, any questions, please shout up.

27 minutes ago, Graham said:

If one comes up Daz let me know. :)

Will do Graham.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm planning on going. If no EMS pitches are available what fields are adjacent to the EMS contingent?

Cheers

John

There are only 3 fields for caravans and tents ETC and these are the red, yellow and blue fields.  EMS are on blue and red and yellow are not really adjacent, yellow is a bit of a walk and red is near by but getting on red is difficult.  Your best bet will be to try and get on blue.

If you do manage to get on blue, don't worry if your under trees, some people bring their kit into a clear spot in the middle of our area and leave it there, there is always so one from EMS knocking about, so your kit should be OK.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now confirmed as coming too, me and Eddy are sharing.

Astro dog the third is having a holiday at his grandparents - he's better at this than his 2 predecessors. :D :wub:

Not long now, I checked the tent and porch at the weekend and me new camp bed has turned up. Check out this bad boy. I won't be rushing to get up! :)

FISHING-BED-FB-022-DARK-GREEN-MGT01.jpg

• Like 3

Those fishing beds are awesome to sleep on and really good for stargazing with bins. If I'd known you wanted one Martin we have a fishing superstore over in the next village who have them always in stock. :)