• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Keeping warm

Tweedledee

I'm so impressed with my Blazewear heated waistcoat. It makes so much difference when standing outside stargazing and is going to be great for walking the dogs this winter. You can be looking through the telescope while feeling like you are next to a warm fire. It increases blood flow to the extremities, so the whole body stays warm. I reckon that this is going to be an essential astro accessory.

The waistcoat looks quite smart and seems to be well made, it has a zip that opens from both the top and bottom, which might be handy to let some heat escape. It looks just like an ordinary black waistcoat, so no body else will know that you are a bit nesh  :lol: . There are heating elements across the chest and lower back. The battery is quite small and takes 4 hours to recharge. The controller has an on/off button and low, med and high settings with LEDs. The high setting lasts about 1.5 hours and low setting 5 hours. If it is switched on and off for short periods it should last all night. It comes with the battery and mains charger but a spare battery costs £30 and a car charger £10. You can also get a double capacity battery with built in controls for £40. The low setting is lovely and toasty at night at this time of year and needs switching off after a few minutes.

http://m.primrose.co.uk/blazewear-heated-sport-gilet-black-p-34295.html

20150926_231352.jpg

20150926_231416.jpg

Bet you forget to take it off when you get into bed!

I was so warm when I got in, I was glad to take it off :)

Thanks Pete. 

Just had a look. Those socks look good.

It's always my feet that go first followed by my fingers.

One for the Christmas list.  :)

Keeping warm is an issue, no doubt about it. â„ï¸

This sounds like a good idea! I will look into it!

I will abandon the thought of a suit made from electric blankets and plugging it into the mains as a bad idea! 😄⚡ï¸ðŸ˜°

Nice one Pete!

Keeping warm is an issue, no doubt about it. â„

This sounds like a good idea! I will look into it!

I will abandon the thought of a suit made from electric blankets and plugging it into the mains as a bad idea! âš¡

Nice one Pete!

It's alright for some in their cosy posh domed obsy's sheltering away from the cold and wind :P

Hey Pete, it can still get a bit nippy in the old dome! I sometimes have to put a jumper on and swap the shorts for trousers etc! 😄