• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My new toy

Guest poddy

Well after being without a scope for a few yrs now, I have finally managed to grab a bargain on ABS. 

A Skywatcher 200P Dobsonian with the following mods:

Lazy Susan bearing mod to ensure smooth azimuth rotation.

High quality castors fitted to the base for easy manoeuvrability

Levelling feet fitted to provide a stable base

Wixey angle gauge to provide accurate altitude reading.

Gemrad angle gauge and rotational encoder to provide accurate azimuth reading. This includes drilled bolt, aluminium and acrylic blocks etc

Also includes the 25mm and 10mm Skywatcher eyepieces, 9x50 straight through finder and a Telrad base fitted to scope.

Here are a few pics 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136643108@N08/shares/96k135

Had to take a pic of the misses because she wanted to show everyone on fb just how big she thinks it is. Made me giggle. Bless her

Andy

Thanks guys. I but used a Dob mount in some time. A few yrs back I built a small 4 1/2 inch Dob from a set of Meade mirrors I purchased from surplus shed but it wasn't much cop. The mount I built was terrible lol. But it did manage to show me some wonders. Can't wait to get out again but I'm on night's for the next 2 night's but then I'm off for 4 days so hopefully the weather will improve a little and the moon won't be so bright lol

Andy