Please click here to read an announcement about EMS and the coronavirus.

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
red dwalf

who`s going to the IAS show this Friday or Saturday ?

red dwalf

i`m off to the show this Saturday, not looking for anything really but i`ll have a good shuffle round.

TasKiNG

see you there Dave, how did you get on with latitude mod ?

I sent Gunnar a PM at SGL but so far he hasn't read it.

RonC

Lynne and I will be there Saturday as Lynne has a jewellery table in the foyer, come and say hello!! :) :)

Smithysteve
Lynne and I will be there Saturday as Lynne has a jewellery table in the foyer, come and say hello!! :) :)

Hi Ron, I will say hello on Saturday.

I am off down with three Astro buddies from Mansfield and Sutton Obs.

All that hardware!

Getting excited now!

Cheers!

catman161

I went today. Got a vixen flip mirror from windscreen centre. Saw a couple of lectures-was throughly unimpressed with both. People were very thin on ground today. Think most footfall will be tomorrow.

catman161

Not really Rob. Most stalls offering only 10% off and a couple offering 20% but off the higher price, rather than the show price. I wasn't particularly impressed with anything there today. I got a good deal on the flip mirror only because the seller said £59 and then said he meant to say £69 but he would honour the first price he uttered [emoji4]. There's a tip, get there early whilst the retailers are tired and see if they slip up [emoji4]

philjay

I wasn't that impressed this year, Ive only been once before, last year and it was busier with more dealers. Show discounts weren't that evident except Widescreen and Bern saw me right. A few had offers here and there but nothing earth shattering. It filled up a little at lunchtime but it wasn't packed by any means.

Some nice stuff on view and met up with a few folks that I hadn't seen since Kelling :D Chips were OK but the cottage pie was a bit overdone.

I didn't do any lectures, couldn't  trust myself to stay awake

It was an OK day out though