• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

computer boffins help with usb details

red dwalf

had some new toys to play with last night and of course nothing worked, i was jinxed from the start, filter wheel would not connect, why i have no idea, google chrome would not connect to the internet ! all of which i`ve never had any problems with before, then the 460 kept dropping out and disconnecting form the usb, i plugged it into the usb powered hub first and the drivers seemed to load then it kept ping ponging off, so i plugged the usb from the camera stright into the rear of the pc and loaded the drivers again and then plugged it into the powered usb hub and it seems ok now, but while doing both instillations i was given a choice of drivers to choose from, none mean anything to me so i just used the one which was highlighted but i`m not sure which i should have chosen, here were the choices.

did i choose the correct one, the camera does work now, well it did last night anyway, will check it again later.

21260071953_649d12608a_b.jpg

Have you got enough power going to your USB hub Rob? I had a similar problem last year, turned out the hub wasn't getting enough juice. The supply was only 1 amp (I thought it was a 2 amp supply). Upgraded it and all those problems went away.

Seems to be working now since I installed it direct to the PC, then OK though the powered hub, what do you think of the driver selection ? Did I choose the correct one ?

I had trouble with my DSLR and a hub, it wasn't quick enough for the camera! Plugged the camera direct into the lappy and no problem!

Ron

Would the atik 460 be any more power hungry than the atik 414 ? Never had that problem with the 414.

My problems started when I upgraded from the 314 to a 460. Not sure if it needs more power, maybe just more sensitive?