Please click here to read an announcement about EMS and the coronavirus.

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Brantuk

Virgin Email - anyone else having problems?

Brantuk

Since Virgin changed over their email servers two days ago I've been bombarded with spam, phishing, and unsolicited emails from all sorts of places. It's getting to be a real problem cos you can't keep up with the number of rule setting you have to make in a day.

Virgin don't seem to be doing much about it right now - is anyone else having the same problem? If you fixed it I'd love to know what steps you took.....

Daz Type-R

Kim, see here.....

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/10/virgin-media-uk-customers-swamped-by-spam-after-email-migration.html

Also I would call Virgin, the more complaints they receive, the higher the chance they may do something.

Latest update from 30 minutes ago - as I write this......

UPDATE 2nd October 2015 – 12:32pm

We’ve finally had an official statement, which confirms that the problem is not resolved. A Virgin Media spokesman said: “We’re aware that some customers may be experiencing issues with their email filters and are working hard with our email provider to ensure normal service is resumed.â€

Edited by Daz Type-R

Brantuk

Thanks Daz - that's the first acknowledgment from VM that I've seen - been on the forums and everyone's complaining not only about the problem but the lack of response from Virgin. At least now I know they're aware of it and attempting to do something.

Of course, if they'd tested it properly in the first place it might be a different story. Typical incompetence........

Brantuk

Have you been upgraded yet Mick? Mines an @ntlworld one and I only got upgraded two days ago. Since then it's been hell lol.

Daz Type-R

They are still in the middle of converting the @ntlworld accounts.

If they have any common sense they will stop until they sort the spam issue.

Doc

Not sure Kim.

We had an e-mail saying that the account has been changed/updated but haven't noticed any difference.

Brantuk

Well - it's good news this morning - no spam from overnight - they must have done something at last. Let's see how the next day or two pans out.