• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

October the 8th at the fire station

For October's talk we have Paul Money coming along to give a us a talk about the New Horizons mission in titled "Into The Darkness, But Shining A Light"

We will be meeting at the Ilkeston fire station on Thursday the 8th of October, 7pm for refreshments and talk starts at 7:30pm.

Edited by tuckstar
  • Like 1

Are visitors welcome at your monthly talks Andy........??

I'd quite like to see this one ; Paul Money is one of the best.

Myself and a friend (from DDAS) would both like to attend.

Happy to pay non member fee's etc. Looked on your website but couldn't find any details on this ?

Thanks, Rob.

Also Andy................

Is it definitly Thursday October 8th ?

Its advertised on your website on the 13th (Tuesday) :chin_scratch2:  

Hi Rob, website doesn't match at the moment. I'll have a word with our techy if he doesn't see this anyway. We have recently temporary lost our usual venue, which is the Hayloft at the Erewash museum where we would meet on the second Tuesday of the month, due to building work. So we are using the community room at Ilkeston fire station which is only available on Thursdays. Unfortunately we are limited to 2hrs.

Everyone is welcome along, refreshments are £2 for non members. The fire station is on Derby Road opposite the bowling alley, please use rear entrance for community room. If no one around press the buzzer which is linked in to the room, parking is very limited at the fire station but there is a car park on oakwell drive which is only a few yards away.

I might even show up for this Andy if its ok? about time i show my face

Your more than welcome Wayne, but just to clarify this is a meeting of the Ilkeston and District Astonomical Society and not an EMS meet.

Well you was one of the first people i spoke to on this site Andy so i will show my face to you :) 

Big thank you to Paul Money for a very interesting, well received talk bring us right up to date with photos from the New Horizons mission.

That object has lots of secrets to give up yet and the latest pics are just in stunning detail.

Well worth booking this talk if you get the chance.

Andy, so sorry i didn't make it tonight. Spent the evening in hospital instead  :facepalm:

I had a bad fall earlier, dislocating 2 toes and severely bruising both my feet.

I'll be on crutches for a few days.

Gutted to miss out on a Paul Money talk, but i'm sure you all had a great evening.

He's one of the best isn't he ?

Hopefully get along some other time  :)