• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First light with the new kit.

Graham

Despite the horrendous seeing conditions tonight I just had to try out the new additions to my kit.

An Atik 414 EX and a Starlight Express motorised filter wheel with a built in off axis guider.

Went for the familiar target of NGC 6888 as it was high up in the sky where there was slightly less murk.  

Atik 414 EX

HA filter

15 subs at 600 seconds

Captured and stacked in Maxim

Slightest of brush ups in PS 6.

Click on the image for full res.

NGC--6888.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great Graham, those atik 414 are great cameras for Ha, I also use the same filter wheel, work really well.

Thanks Rob.

I must admit it has come out a lot better than I thought it would considering the awful conditions up there last night.

I am very impressed with the 414. 

Thanks folks.

Allan I would not say it was clear, you could only just make out Vega through the murk.  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

Thanks folks.

Allan I would not say it was clear, you could only just make out Vega through the murk.  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

Better than here in North Yorkshire couldn't see the stars because of the cloud and murk :ph34r:  :D  :blush:  

Edited by Allan the Plumber

Looks good Graham...everyone seems to be going for mono CCDs...I feel left out!