• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC457

philjay

A quick NGC457 from last nights play getting my observatory mount sorted for the winter.

This is through the ed80 at native FL using the Atik 314l OSC. Heavy moonlight required some processing out.

The PHD graph was good and eventually after I cleaned and refocused my finder guider, (it was filthy, how it got like that I have no idea) I was guiding quite nicely albeit only with 90 sec subs on this image but I strung one out to 5 minutes and all was well guiding wise but the sub was unuseable due to moonlight.

Still here's a quicky 457, one of my favourite clusters

nice one Phil, it was a little misty round my way also last night so struggled with focus a tiny bit.

Yeah focus wasn't easy was it? that's why this is slightly blobby, but I achieved getting the guiding and mount sorted, the pic was a bonus.

Nice one Phil. I do love the owl cluster also. Was the first open cluster I sketched, or one of the first if I recall. Will have to check my book. Might do a bit more sketching this season what with the planets be in so poorly positioned for the foreseeable.