• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Heart Nebula (Round 2)

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

Well I thought about heading back to the Wizard tonight but I couldn't resist giving the Heart Nebula another go, PHD seemed to behave for the most part tonight so managed more than expected..

11x 600s

3x 800s

SXV-H9 / Baader 7nm HA

Advise on OIII & SII length subs welcomed !

21825574944_dd0387c5ff.jpgHeart Nebula2 by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

looking good matey, did you get your guide camera working with phd ok then or did you revert back to your old camera

Guest StevenWhatley

Reverted back, the Starlight System seems really old and not user friendly.. its going to be one of those jobs of sitting there setting up and playing with it for a night until its right, but I was impatient and wanted to image whilst it was clear.

I was managing good stars at 800s,  looks like moving the weight has helped but I think I need to work on the PEC as my graph is peaking and dropping in a pattern,  

The picture was of the other week but it was still doing the same on the DEC sat night, not quite as bad but still same pattern.

Any ideas?

21838446160_0a83873271_b.jpgUntitled by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

Few things to try on the brain settings, first instead of north try auto, this should help a lot , then try it and maybe bring the Max Dec and ra down from 2500 to about 1000, also in the brain settings its better to select resist switching in the Dec only, then if your graph still showing sharp ups and down you can increase the hys rate from 10 to smooth out the graph.