• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

November....

M.

It's bad at the moment... And for the forseeable future...

There was a gap last weekend... The sky was pretty good at first...

I went in the dome last Sunday night for a couple of hours and bagged a few of the usual suspects;

Uranus, I think! Never 100% sure, 😗

M57 ring neb, found it with the new ES 40 mm. Then swapped through other EP's, ending with the Delos 12.mm... It looked great!

M27 dumbbell, big and bright enough not to miss it!

Albireo double star - nice, first time I had looked a bit closer at this.

M31, M32 and M110 andromeda galaxies

Perseus double cluster, (NGC 884, NGC 869), lovely sight...

M33 pinwheel Galaxy, faint but still worth a look

M34 open cluster in Perseus

M37 in Auriga, considered one of the best in the northern hemisphere.

Finished up on the moon, which by midnight had risen high enough to clear the houses opposite. Very interesting along the terminator...

M42 had not risen high enough to get a clear view, so did not bother with it, also the fog was now rolling in...

My optics were OK with the dew heaters but there was a heck of a lot of dew about!

So not all bad! 😀

Cheers

• Like 2

"What goes around come around" - patience - we will probably get 30 days/nights of clear skies in Jan 2016 - trouble is it will be -12c and 20 inches of snow - but dont quote me on it - its what  the seaweed been telling me  :wacko:

As I look out and its raining AGAIN :D

This run of bad weather is down to me being incapacitated, and not able to observe (or do much else)

My 6 weeks in plaster ends on November 20. Then it will miraculously clear up  ;)

"What goes around come around" - patience - we will probably get 30 days/nights of clear skies in Jan 2016 - trouble is it will be -12c and 20 inches of snow - but dont quote me on it - its what  the seaweed been telling me  :wacko:

As I look out and its raining AGAIN :D

Sorry guys/gals my seaweed appears to be right - Met Office today are warning of worst storms for 144yrs and temps down to -14 plus snow - seems its the El Nino effect(again) :ph34r:

Sorry guys/gals my seaweed appears to be right - Met Office today are warning of worst storms for 144yrs and temps down to -14 plus snow - seems its the El Nino effect(again) :ph34r:

Bridget Jones's opinion on the El Nino effect was that Latin music was on its way out.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I've given up with astronomy concentrating on laying the base for my new workshop.

Have conditions been that bad?

due to the weather, I've had but a handful of days of observing, had family round a few days ago and got a hours look in.

Yep that bad that I'm bored so building my workshop.

I'm like this all the time. I've been doing astronomy so long now that I drift between different hobbies. I find it keeps the buzz alive.

Snow on the ground increases light pollution. It reflects the street lighting very effectively. :(

Going to have to content myself with the moon (if the clouds shove off for a while).

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎23‎:‎58‎:‎37, Doc said:

Yep that bad that I'm bored so building my workshop.

I'm like this all the time. I've been doing astronomy so long now that I drift between different hobbies. I find it keeps the buzz alive.

I can't afford any other hobbies except TV. It's so long since I've been fishing that I can't remember which end of the rod to hold. Also