• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

open evening 21st November

We will be holding an open evening on saturday the 21st of November at the Erewash museum.

We will have some scopes set up for viewing, weather dependant, and several displays.

Gates will open at 7pm until 9pm. This is a free event in conjuction with Erewash borough council.

Everyone welcome along, come and say hi or bring the family.

https://flic.kr/p/AFyFQN

Well tonight's the night, just about to check through my gear and start packing the car. If the wind behaves it's self it should be a good night.

2015-11-04_09-12-07.jpg

Good luck with that Andy. :thumbsup:

Skies look good but after 9pm with a very slim chance of a shower, and it is going to be really cold, possibly even frosty.

Edited by Tweedledee

Fingers crossed for tonight.  Hope the weather holds out for us.  See you later guys.

Monmouth3817

Well that was a busy one. Nearly 150 people and I think most were queued up for my scope. Managed to show lots of people the double cluster the pleiades and andromeda along with a couple of scopes on the moon. Nice to see plenty of interest.

Big thanks to everyone who helped out.

Well done to everyone involved in last night's event.  The place was teaming with activity, and considering the temperature was close to zero, there was a far bigger crowd than I had expected.  Also, nice to see the building work on the "Hayloft" to coming on in leaps and bounds.  Hopefuly, IDAS will be back in there for its main meetings in the Spring 2016.  

Cheers

Monmouth3817

I am pleased you had a good night Mark, a fantastic effort. It's always great to share that spark that might encourage others to look up.