• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New forum upgrade issues / questions.

Daz Type-R

Hi all.

The new forum has been up for a few hours now, after a few teething issues most things seem to be sorted.

If you have any questions, issues, need advice on how to do something ETC, please log it here, this way we wont miss anything in the shout box.

I know some people do not like change but the old forum was going out of support, which would have led to a whole heap of trouble later on and our hands are partly tied when it comes to the general layout (some things are tweak-able though).

So log your questions, problems and feedback and lets see if we can get it sorted.

Regards,

Daz.

Edited by Daz Type-R
Can not spell.

Enjoying the upgrade so far :thumbsup:

Couple of tiny irritations...

A better animation would be nice to look at.

When showing all the emoticons, the window could do with being a bit wider so we don't need to scroll.

On my (and other peoples profiles) next to my avatar there is my user name and below that some writing - this writing is obscured by the stats bar (posts, rep ETC).

10 minutes ago, Daz Type-R said:

On my (and other peoples profiles) next to my avatar there is my user name and below that some writing - this writing is obscured by the stats bar (posts, rep ETC).

Can you post a screenshot? I'm not seeing anything like that anywhere.

when you type in some emoticons (as opposed to choosing the image from the list)  they appear as text when you first post them,

even though they are correct.  If you edit the post they sometimes miraculously then appear correctlt, not just typed as in :wub:

20 minutes ago, Perkil8r said:

Can you post a screenshot? I'm not seeing anything like that anywhere.

Will do later but next to your profile pic and below your name in red does it say moderator?

Edited by Daz Type-R

43 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

When showing all the emoticons, the window could do with being a bit wider so we don't need to scroll.

This has been fixed Pete.

:)

24 minutes ago, Daz Type-R said:

This has been fixed Pete.

:)

No change for me Darren, even after logging out and in again.

Still need to scroll left/right and up/down for them. Same small box with 149 emoticons in.

Pete, it has to be a cache issue as on my works laptop and my iPhone I only have to scroll down not across.

2 minutes ago, Daz Type-R said:

Pete, it has to be a cache issue as on my works laptop and my iPhone I only have to scroll down not across.

Daz most of the emoticons have disappeared, there are a lot less than there were?  all the funniest ones have vanished :rofl: 

I can see them all, top right I just have to click on categories and then select the emoticons with a number next to it.

can it default to that every time?

Edited by Daz Type-R

2 hours ago, Ibbo said:

can we have a ligth theeme please

also can we stop the images loading as well

Not at the moment Steve. If we do get a lighter theme we need to pay more and then it's a little more work for Craig.

Edited by Doc
Wrong info

3 hours ago, Daz Type-R said:

Thanks Darren, I will have a tweedle with it :)

Just now, Tweedledee said:

Any advice on how to clear the cache, please, so I can use the emoticons more easily. Thanks.

On a PC, whilst the browser has EMS loaded, hold CTRL and press F5 a couple of times.

On an iPad, iPhone, Android, you do it through the browser settings.

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

On a PC, whilst the browser has EMS loaded, hold CTRL and press F5 a couple of times.

On an iPad, iPhone, Android, you do it through the browser settings.

Thanks Craig.

Maybe I have this wrong, but I was expecting not to have to scroll the emoticon window both left/right as well as up/down to see all 149 emoticons. Would be nice at least if it showed the full width of 7 emoticons rather than just 6, therefore doing away with the need for a left/right scroll bar.

Nothing has changed after clearing the cache several times.

Edit : using my laptop with Windows 10.

Edited by Tweedledee

Hi Pete,

Can you give me more information on what device, browser, OS, resolution, are you running at 100% zoom?, etc.

It's very likely a cache issue of some sort as I've tested the change on three different browsers all with the same positive result:

emotes.png.1cf86ae3c8ada37598c495cf16309

I also think it must be some sort of cache issue as it is fine on my iPhone 6s+, the wife's iPad, my work laptop and my personal laptop.

i don't know what else to suggest.